20 September, 2008

Gawrsh!

So here's the thing.

If you are wondering why I've not been writing many posts lately, particularly in my comments on the films I saw during the festival, there are a few reasons - the Olympics, or work being so busy that I can't be bothered sitting on the computer once I get home. But for the past week, there's been another reason. You see, I've bought a new television. I actually bought it a month ago (I was initially hoping to watch some of the Olympics on it), but there was no stock in the country, and I had to wait for the ship to arrive.

Finally, last Thursday, I got the phone call, and arranged for it to be delivered first thing Friday morning. I've had it for a week now, and it is a thing of beauty. The first film I watched on it was the Blu-Ray high-definition release of Blade Runner, and any doubts I had about the purchase faded away as soon as I saw the first image of Los Angeles in 2019. You wonder how you were ever satisfied with standard-definition. And suddenly, for some reason, I'm not all that interested in spending hours in front of a computer screen writing about a film I saw a month or two ago.

Anyway, if you were wondering how I feel about the whole experience, I think this video pretty sums everything up.

No comments: